- Immigration to Ukraine /
- Temporary residence permit in Ukraine in 2021. Full service /
- Education in Ukraine. How to get a residence permit
Education in Ukraine. How to get a residence permit
In Ukraine, there are some of the oldest higher education institutions (HEIs) in Europe.
Ukrainian universities consistently occupy high places in the world ranking and provide quality education.
All over the world, doctors who were educated in Ukraine are known – this is a quality standard. We should also mention IT education. Ukrainian IT specialists are like a “brand”. They are involved in the creation of well-known products and have already seriously settled in the US Silicon Valley.
However, there are other specialties you are able to be educated in Ukraine.
Key benefits of getting an education in Ukraine.
- Low enough cost of education in comparison with Europe and the USA. Besides, the prices for education in Ukraine are lower than in China, South Korea, India, and Vietnam, as well as in other countries.
- There is no need to learn Ukrainian. In many universities, teaching for foreigners is conducted in English, Russian or other languages.
- You have an opportunity to enter most Ukrainian universities even online.
- Foreign students can study remotely (there is no need to live in Ukraine). It is enough just to come to pass exams (twice a year).
- Ukrainian universities operate student exchange programs. This allows you to travel to Europe and the United States while studying.
- Some categories of foreign students can study for budgetary funds (not pay for tuition).
The process of obtaining a residence permit for study in Ukraine is divided into several stages.
Let’s analyze them in more detail.
Selection of that very university in Ukraine you want to enter.
- You have an opportunity to do it yourself. Every prestigious university has a website on which a foreigner can find all necessary data about its activities and specialties for which specialists are trained.
- You can contact a specialized law firm. Experts will be able to find a suitable university specially for you.
Moreover, such specialists will tell you about:
- the pros and cons of getting an education in a particular university;
- full and exact tuition fees per year and for the entire period;
- the specifics of contracts for training in each university;
- how the university provides foreigners with housing;
- or the firm can inform you about other important issues so that you will avoid some pitfalls.
After you choose the university, you move to the next stage.
Collection of documents for admission to a Ukrainian university.
The main documents that a foreigner must provide for admission to a Ukrainian university are:
- the secondary school diploma/certificate;
- the birth certificate;
- documents that confirm the financial ability to pay for education in Ukraine (bank letter or a letter of guarantee from parents);
- the medical certificate of health status;
- the passport;
- the medical insurance.
The certain list of documents may vary depending on the university. Please pay attention that we have specified the required minimum only.
Now let’s consider the third step in more detail.
Enrollment in a university and receiving an invitation from the university to Ukraine.
There are two admission procedures that depend on the university:
- A foreigner, on the basis of the submitted documents, is immediately enrolled in training.
- A foreigner is enrolled in preparatory courses (lasting no more than 1 academic year), and then they are admitted to the university.
After enrollment (for training or preparatory courses), the foreigner is sent an invitation from the university, which is endorsed by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
Only after receiving this invitation, the foreigner has an opportunity to obtain a visa «D» for getting an education.
Obtaining a student visa «D» for getting an education and entering Ukraine.
The foreigner submits the original invitation and all other necessary documents to the consulate/embassy of Ukraine in the country of his residence.
Note that citizens of certain States (the list is established by Ukraine) can apply for a student visa «D» at the consulate/embassy of Ukraine in any State.
The term for documents consideration by the consulate/embassy of Ukraine is 10 days. In some cases, this may take 30 days.
After the documents are reviewed as well as approved, the foreigner receives a student visa «D» and can enter Ukraine.
Visa «D» validity period for getting an education is 90 days.
There are particular countries whose citizens do not need to obtain a student visa «D» (Russia, Belarus, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, Uzbekistan). To enter Ukraine with the purpose of getting an education, it is enough for them to have the original invitation from the university.
Obtaining a residence permit for education in Ukraine.
After arriving in Ukraine and receiving all the necessary documents from the university, a foreign student must submit documents to the State Migration Service of Ukraine to obtain a residence permit (a PR Card).
It is crucial to apply for obtaining a residence permit 15 working days before the expiration of the student visa «D». If you miss the deadline, the documents will not be accepted.
Student temporary residence permit is issued for a period of 1 to 4 years.
Within 30 days after the issuance of a residence permit for study, a foreigner must register at the place of residence in Ukraine.
We are a law firm. We deal with all the issues of registration of invitations to Ukraine from universities, besides we help obtain a student visa «D» as well as register a residence permit for getting an education in Ukraine.
We have several programs for foreign students:
- We deal with all the issues – from the selection of a university, paperwork for enrollment to the university, meeting at the airport, selection of housing for a foreigner to obtaining a residence permit in Ukraine as well as registration at the place of residence in Ukraine.
- Clients order a separate service from us (preparation of an invitation from a university, support in obtaining a student visa type «D», etc.).